Application of the carbon-containing materials in steel industry
- In scoop, while releasing of liquid metal from steelmaking furnace (arc-type steelmaking furnace or convector). The carbon-containing material with 0-10mm particles is added to the scoop by the moment of releasing of liquid metal from the furnace.
- In secondary refining machines (f.e. automotive ladle-furnace). There are two ways to inject the carbon-containing materials into metal: firstly, by blowing 0-3mm fraction carbon powder into liquid metal by means of inerting gas stream and immersion lance. Secondly, by 0-10mm carbon-containing material powder addition by means of argon blow and basal tuyere.
Use of cobbed raw material for gaining temperature during steelmaking process.
- Addition of cobbed coal with 20-50mm particles into melting convector allows significantly decreasing consumption of liquid iron during steelmaking process and increasing dump scrap percentage. Such replacing of iron by scrap is carried out when reduction in costs of steel production is necessary.
- Putting the cobbed carbon-containing material with 25-50mm fraction into arc-type steelmaking furnace. The cobs of carbon-containing material are placed into charging basket or fed through the chute. Carbon-containing material allows giving up using solid iron in the charge and lowering the smelting energy cost.
Addition of the carbon-containing material powder when the slag is foaming.
With this object, the fine powder with 0-3mm particles and the oxygen are injected into the bath of the arc-type steelmaking furnace. Thus, the process of slag foaming begins - СО bubbles float up as a result of metal oxidation. During the slag foaming process the hot arc is constantly covered with the foam which minimizes negative influence of arc’s emission on the cooled parts of the furnace. That provides the furnace with maximum capacity, performance, coefficient of efficiency and low power consumption at the same time.
Carbonic fillers (thermoanthracites) and deoxidizers (carbodeoxidizers).
- Carbonic fillers (thermoanthracites) are used in production of coal-graphite products – electrodes, bottom and side assemblies for electrolysers, parts of blast-furnace, lining ware, chemical industry activities.
- Carbonic deoxidizers (carbodeoxidizers) are used in production of ferro-alloys, in chemical, nonferrous-metals and electrochemical industries etc.D.